Islamabad, Jan 2 (Online): The Division Bench of Islamabad High Court (IHC) comprising Chief Justice Aamir Farooq and Justice Mian Gul Hasan Aurangzeb heard the petitions filed for the recovery of missing persons and the intra-court appeals of the Ministry of Defense against the decision of the single bench.
During the hearing, the court expressed its anger on the Additional Attorney General and said that the committee had not shown any progress.
Tell us whether these people are alive or have been killed? The recovery of the missing person is the responsibility of the state.
Petitioners’ lawyers Barrister Umar Ijaz Gilani, Colonel Inam, Iman Zainab Mazari, while Additional Attorney General Munawar Iqbal Dogal on behalf of the Federation, Ministry of Defense and Judicial Assistants Faisal Qureshi and Amina Janjua appeared before the court.
Additional Attorney General told the court that the matter has been placed before the federal cabinet on the court order, a committee has been formed regarding the recovery of missing persons, and so far 8 meetings have been held by the committee in Islamabad.
The committee has visited different places including Balochistan.
The court inquired why the government filed this appeal. Why do you want to continue the appeal of the previous government?
Court directed the Additional Attorney General to give an affidavit that the missing persons will be recovered after eight weeks, then we will give time.
It was told that a missing person had gone to Afghanistan or that he had left. On this occasion, Colonel Inam-ul-Rahim Advocate told the court that the officials of the Ministry of Defense are lying.
The court remarked that nothing has happened in five years.
Father of a missing person said that my son was picked up on his return from the university.
On September 9, 2022, the same court ruled that the Prime Minister, Interior Minister and Law Minister were summoned.
The Prime Minister had assured to the same court that the missing persons would be recovered.
We are not terrorist, I am a 72-year-old person with heart disease and at this age we are looking for our children.
The decision given by the court regarding family support should be implemented.
The best option is to compensate the family until the recovery of the missing persons.
On this occasion, the court adjourned the hearing of the case till March 8, directing the lawyers of the parties to submit written responses within 4 weeks.